Friday, December 21, 2007

Holidays are comin'


Maybe some of you haven’t noticed, but Christmas is almost here and the New Year is just around the freakin’ corner, so you should (if not have already) think about these up-coming holidays and...be amazed of the shit that’s going through your brain.

For example, I’m thinking that if last year I was writing about all the kids, adolescents and minors (and I mean under 21) getting shit-fazed with tons of alcohol and millions of cigarettes they intoxicate themselves with, will that change now?

Neah, no way! It’s a brat’s dream to get away from the watchful eye of their parents and party long and hard (sometimes very hard) with booze and tobacco and, why not, sex.

Ah, yes, people tend to forget that nowadays kids have access to a whole lot more knowledge than about 20 years ago. I mean, take a look at movies: even the ones that aren’t “Rated R” have at least some scenes that make you think they're some sort of documentaries.

We live in a funny world! And just to prove it, try to ask a 12-year-old what’s the title of the last book he/she read. All you will get is a confused look upon their face. But ask them what they know about the human anatomy of the other gender and they will blush and stutter. Now you tell me: does that mean they already have the picture in their head or that they never even discovered that girls don’t have a “pee-pee”?

Yeah, that’s what I thought!

Now another thing that crossed my mind last year was all the bad TV shows and programs, music and stupid broadcasts that run during this “event” (I still refuse to accept it as a real milestone in my life as it’s just another night like all the other 364, but someone, sometime, just decided they had to have a biiiiiig party and get everybody drunk or at least half way there, so they called it New Year and started handing out fliers).

Actually, that brings me to something that’s really troubling me: why the fuck do we have to celebrate the passing of the old year and the coming of the new one? Tell me! Why? What’s so special about the New Year that deserves such commemoration? Or should I say commiseration?!

Let’s all think about it for a sec! Do we celebrate some special event? No, not really. Jesus wasn’t born that day, nor Allah, nor Buddha or any other prophet or God. It wasn’t the day when all the problems of the third world countries were solved, or the day when peace was signed with all countries and there were no more wars. So, one more time: what in the hell are you fuckin’ celebrating?

That we got old? That we made it to enjoy another year? What the fuck? Don’t we do that on our birthdays???

I’m telling you: people are God damn stupid, that’s what! It’s a very good example of wasted time, resources and imagination. All on account of the 365 days that passed or that are about to come?

Why should I celebrate the New Year? Maybe I will die next year. Ever thought of that? Would you still be so happy? Would you still want to celebrate? “You have to live life to the fullest, man”. No, really? What? Are you high? You must be! Either that, or you're one cherry away from a fruit cake.

Every stupid dumb-ass that’s gonna read this article will have something to say like: if you don’t like it, don’t do it! How about this: if I don’t like you, cease to exist!

Let’s be honest: I’m not the only one that has no idea why people are so delighted to throw money and spend a lot of time on this one particular night and I’m definitely not the only one that is forced into this every motherfuckin’ year.

Why? Well, for those of you that ask yourselves that (it means for all the morons and brain dead idiots out there) here is the simple one-on-one logics: everybody does it (and I mean all 6 billion inhabitants of this planet) so if you try to fight it, then you are a pariah, a persona non grata, the one that tries to feed shit to the system. So thanks, but no thanks! I don't want to create a new wave, nor a new religion (by the way, I think there are too many already, but I won't be getting into that just now). I don't want to be a martyr, nor to be an outcast.

One thing is for sure: I enjoy the bank holidays for this “event” and it gives me an opportunity to go out or to get involved into pleasurable activities with my friends and family. And that’s a pretty good reason for me to act like all the other idiots out there. It doesn’t make me special, but it sure makes me feel that way.

To all of you that celebrate Christmas or Hanukkah or, whatever you celebrate (except the New Year), have a Merry…………(you fill the dots)! Don’t overdue it on the cookies, alcohol and food and remember to send a nice thought to your loved ones (a little gift won’t hurt).

And if I’m amongst those people you know and cherish, then you MUST be out of your puny little mind, but I appreciate it non the less! Have a good one, everybody!

PS: for those of you that wonder why I write in English and not my native Romanian, I have two words: “FUCK OFF”!
PPS: Not the last post for this year (I think), so just bare with me.





2 comments:

Dorian said...

Degeaba ai bagat tu un "fuck off" preventiv pe acolo pe undeva, ca tot trebuie sa-ti zic: "baga-ti-ai engleza undeva, ca... stii tu de ce".
Oricum, am prins mesajul chiar si asa. S-a notat.

cAnDYman said...

Libertatea de opinie, pot sa respect, dar numai daca imi este respectata libertatea de exprimare, altfel...tot aia.