Monday, August 6, 2012

Oh, yes I did!


One day...to watch them all!

And thus it was and came to be that I have joined the (not so very few) club of people who have watched all 3 (three!) Lord of the Rings movies (mind you, the extended edition!) in one sitting. Madness you say? No, this is MY world!

Almost 13 hours straight of watching the trilogy that will and should remain in history. Don't mistaken me for a fan boy here. Obviously I do like and appreciate the good quality of the story, script, special effects and acting in it, but I won't dress like a wizard, not even if you pay me! So why did I do it then?

Well...Mainly because I could. Mostly because I wanted to have the full picture without any memory gaps or lapses. Also because I could do that in the comfort of my own home. Not to mention the fact that the extended edition does provide one with more insight on the story, so I think of that as a bonus.

And here I am, one day later and 13 hours spent in front of the TV, not regretting it one bit. It was quite an experience, to be honest, although I don't know if or when I would try it again. Not just with this movie, but with any, for that matter. I would also have to say that it is not the first time that I have been watching movies for so long. Oh, no, I remember at least one other time when I have spent the night with a friend, watching about 10 movies straight (at least I know did), right until morning came and had to go to classes.

But see? That's just not the same. It was about 10 movies, not one, big, extended (I'm tempted to say "uncut"...but I won't) movie, split into 3 "episodes". Come to think about it...maybe there is one other that I might try this with: the Star Wars pack...all 6 of them. But that one is also quite different, as you have 3 outdated special effects episodes, then you have 3 modern day special effects prequels...which is pretty messed up.

That being said, I will now allow you a moment to just sit there in awe and admiration and if you feel the need, you may start applauding...or even cheering. If not, please go about your business as if nothing happened.

Almien!

No comments: